The complete line-up for Super week, ReedPOP’s city wide celebration of her culture has been announced and the centerpiece is an impressive showing of the Season Premiere of The Walking dead at Madison Square Garden. This will not be the first time the Garden has hosted zombies, as the Knicks play there 41 times a year. Ba DUMP CHING.
Other events include a Doctor Who Symphonic Spectacular at the Barclays Center and the sports tournament ESL One. AND
· Two signings with renowned Japanese Manga Artist Masashi Kishimoto who will make his first appearances in the United States
· Special How Did This Get Made? live podcast
· Hollywood Babble-On with Kevin Smith and Ralph Garman
· Comedy Mutant: Stand-Up Special with Brian Posehn and Friends
· Multiple events featuring cast members of The Thrilling Adventure Hour
· PressPlay Tour Featuring Fan-Favorite Social Media All-Stars
· DMC (Darryl McDaniels) rare Concert and Discussion
· A Game of Thrones podcast followed by a live DJ set by Kristian Nairn (a.k.a. Hodor)
· Karaoke with the Broadway Stars
· RAWR! Burlesque returns after a sold-out show last year
· Rock n’ Comix concert featuring Charles Soule
· Numerous Film and Documentary Screenings with select Directors and cast members at IFC Center
…for more than 100 events overall.
“New York Super Week was created because quite frankly, New York Comic Con had outgrown itself and there is so much demand out there for unique fan experiences,” said Lance Fensterman, Senior Global Vice President ReedPOP. “We’ve learned some things from last year and we’re working on making things even greater for our Fans.”
Every Super Week event is ticketed separately, however you can buy a Super Week card that gets you some discounts.
The Walking Dead event will obviously be very popular; to get tickets
– the largest e-sports tournament on the East Coast, New York Super Week offers a Fan experience unlike anything on the planet with special celebrity appearances, concerts, comedy shows, gaming events and more throughout New York City. The weeklong festival of approximately 100 events from October 5–11, 2015 culminates with the 10thEdition of New York Comic Con, the most exciting entertainment event on the East Coast with more than 151,000 Fans in attendance. Tickets to each New York Super Week event are sold individually and prices will vary based on event. Fans can visit NewYorkSuperweek.com for detailed ticketing information.
New York Super Week is a super-charged multi-borough festival featuring an array of one-of-a-kind entertainment events that give thousands of Fans completely unique and immersive experiences. Today’s announcement reveals the following events, concerts, screenings and activities happening all throughout New York City including:
• A Trivia Contest on our NYSW social channels August 24 – 30
• A Random Drawing on our NYSW social channels August 31 – September 6
• A Trivia Contest on our NYCC social channels September 7 – 13
• At our Midtown Event later this summer
Super Week kicks off on October 3, New York Comic con takes place October 8-11th.
Heidi MacDonald is the founder and editor in chief of The Beat. In the past, she worked for Disney, DC Comics, Fox and Publishers Weekly. She can be heard regularly on the More To Come Podcast. She likes coffee, cats and noble struggle.