The LOST writers really don’t seem very romantic do they? For the second straight Valentine’s Day, the show features a decidedly unromantic episode. Last year it was Desmond and this year it’s Sayid who breaks a girl’s heart on February 14th.
More discussion of this week’s episode, “The Economist,” after the jump.
* The LOST version of PRIZZI’S HONOR? or maybe CASINO ROYALE, given the very Bond-like opening to this week’s show?
* Hurley is awfully big to be using as bait, unless you’re trying to catch a big mouse.
* Ben just gets curiouser and curiouser, doesn’t he? A secret room, complete with passports and gobs of cash? Other sites have said the ALIAS on the passport was “Dean Moriarty,” which could be a nod to ON THE ROAD or maybe just Sherlock Holmes’ arch-foe.
* Ben the Vet? We know he likes rabbits. I didn’t see any of those caged up in that office in Berlin.
* Where did those 31 minutes go?
* For those who care about the Jack-Kate-Sawyer love triangle, it appears that Kate may have changed sides ONCE AGAIN. And if the previews are to be believed, Ben’s Bed is going to be used by someone other than Ben.
* Are Daniel and Charlotte a nerd couple? Or does he just have a crush on the CS Lewis namesake?
posted by Mark Coale