No particular rhyme or reason, just gonna shoot them out as items. Each bullet is hyperlinked, click on the headline to read more!
- Queer and Here at Comic-Con: 25 Years of Gays in Comics: The longest running panel at the annual convention celebrates a quarter century of being out and proud.
- Find the food trucks at Comic-Con
- Comic-Con-inspired cocktails: Which superhero franchise has the most drink tributes?
- The Marvel Cinematic Universe Phase One Box Set is the Ultimate Comic Book Nerd Gift
- Is Trickster the New Networking Nexus at Comic-Con? [SDCC]
A permanent Trickster location will open in the coming year in Berkeley, California, and there are plans to bring Trickster pop-ups to other shows. If you’re at San Diego Comic-Con and want more information on Trickster events, visit the official website.
- Connor Cruise DJs at the IGN Resident Evil 6 party.
- 66 costumed Comic-Con fans that have to be seen to be believed [You had me with the blinged Stormtrooper. And there is nothing cooler than when senior citizens cosplay… Malificent! ooh… Deadman!]
- Comic-Con Gone to the Moms: Comic-Con has become a favorite for mothers
- `Fifty Shades’ author delights fans at Comic-Con
- At Comic-Con, A Cousin of Wikipedia Tries to Expand Its Reach
- SDCC2012: PR: IDW Publishing and Hasbro, Inc. to produce first ever My Little Pony comics
- San Diego Comic-Con 2012: Hasbro Listens to Fans With New, Exclusive Toys [Zecora sold out Thursday morning, Derpy is going fast!]
- Comic-Con: Booster Gold TV Show Still on Track
- Diana Rigg joins ‘Game of Thrones’ [as Olenna Tyrell]
- Unhappy Hour: 10 Reasons Comic-Con Gave Us Reason to Drink
- Oscar-winning producer Richard Zanuck dead at 77 [He produced “Jaws”, “The Sting”, “Dark Shadows”, “Cocoon”, “Driving Miss Daisy”, “The Road to Perdition”, “Charlie and the Chocolate Factory”…]
- Comic-Con’s Capeless Crusaders [Yay, Phil Foglio!]
- More Women Than Ever At San Diego’s Comic-Con [NPR reports]
- Sylvester Stallone’s son found dead at Hollywood home [He was told the grim news after his Expendables panel. This is turning into a gloomy Con…]
- Comic-Con 2012: The Swag Escalates [One fan’s treasures, Day Two.]
- Happy birthday Mr. Ford, from Comic-Con
- Photos: Superhero street performers protest in Mexico: No, this is not the Comic-Con. These are street performers dressed as superheroes protesting in Mexico, where they were once allowed to perform but now are run off by the police.
I’ve been writing for The Beat since July of 2010.
I’ve been reading comics since 1974, collecting since 1984, and spreading the graphic novel gospel since 1994.
I’m a bookseller, a librarian, an amateur scholar, a cool uncle, and a comics evangelist.
Ask me anything!