Archie Comics has a big presence planned, and they even have Stan Lee. (Is there a publisher that doesn’t have Stan Lee this year?) Other participants in Archie activity include Michael Uslan, Dan Parent, Batton Lash, Kevin Keller, Rich Koslowski and Tania del Rio.
Archie’s Friday, Saturday and Sunday panels are the “it” place to be to get hip to what’s next from the teen comic mogul Archie Comics. Friday’s panel, “Archie Comics: Cooler Than Ever! Panel” from 12-1pm on July 23rd is the only way to be the first to find out about the volcano of Archie projects arriving in the next year and see super-exclusive sneak peeks at projects still in development.
On Saturday July 24th at 2:30 Archie Comics presents “Stan Lee Comics Debuts” where Stan “The Man” Lee himself will tell all about his new line of comics from Archie, “Stan Lee Comics,” including “The Super Seven” announced earlier this year. And on Sunday’s Kids Day, 10 top Archie creatives will come together to talk about “Growing Up with Archie” and share insider perspectives. It will be a great chance to meet creators face-to-face, and all fans in attendance will receive a free Archie comic giveaway.
Among the oceans of fiery Archie stardom attending the San Diego convention are:
• Writer of the premiere issue of the brand new Life with Archie magazine, Michael Uslan (of Archie Weddings fame)
• Life with Archie artist Andrew Pepoy
• Archie poster boy Dan Parent, of Riverdale Shore, Kevin Keller, the Archie/Valerie romance and more…
• Writer of both Archie: Freshman Year series, Batton Lash
• Artist of both Archie: Freshman Year series, the Archie/Valerie romance, and the upcoming Twilite series, Bill Galvan
• Man from R.I.V.E.R.D.A.L.E. artist Rich Koslowski
• Archie writer for Stamp of Approval, the commemorative comic for the official Archie US Postage stamp, George Gladir
• Plus, Tania del Rio of Sabrina, back with big surprises
For all the details on panels, guests, signings, announcements and absolutely everything you need to know for this year’s San Diego International Comic-Con, visit the Archie News blog at ArchieComics.com! or visit Archie at Booth #2400!
Heidi MacDonald is the founder and editor in chief of The Beat. In the past, she worked for Disney, DC Comics, Fox and Publishers Weekly. She can be heard regularly on the More To Come Podcast. She likes coffee, cats and noble struggle.