Notes from all over:
• Jeff Lemire is taking commissions. Take a look in the link and you’ll want one.
• As has Ben Templesmith, with a poster — he’ll be HQ’d around booth #4400.
• Todd McFarlane will be everywhere at the show; here’s EVERYTHING you need to know.
• Chronicle Books will be selling KINDLING, the new art book from James Jean, and Jean will be signing
• Bryan Talbot will be at Dark Horse Wednesday night 7:00 – 8:00 Saturday 12:00 – 1:00 Sunday 11:00 – 12:00 and giving a presentation in Room 3 Sunday from 3.30 – 4.30pm titled “Grandville and the Anthropomorphic Comic Tradition”. Talbot was also recently awarded an honorary doctorate…just for doing comics. Sweet!
Artist Daniel m. Davis, of the Monster Commute comic (www.monstercommute.com) is offering an exclusive print at the 2009 San Diego Comic-Con.
Limited to an edition of 150 pieces, this print depicts the heroes and villains of this steampunk comic. Available only at the Steam Crow booth #4207, it measures 12 x 18 inches, and is printed on satin matte paper. A similar exclusive print sold out in about an hour at the 2009 Emerald City Comicon. Signed and numbered by the artist, the print will sell for $20.00.
• What’s Comicraft and Active Images doing? Glad you asked!
ELEPHANTMEN creators — Richard Starkings, Moritat and John JG Roshell will be at Comicraft’s usual spot in the Independent Publisher’s Pavilion — booth 2106, just across from DC Comics. Comicraft will be premiering the new Image Comics trade paperback DAMAGED GOODS collecting Marian Churchland’s SOLD OUT issues of ELEPHANTMEN as well as copies of the new ELEPHANTMEN VOLUME 2 hardcover — FATAL DISEASES. Moritat will be sketching on request alongside a number of special guests. Stop by the Comicraft booth to find out who! Plus — free posters, buttons, fridge magnets and tattoos!
• Jersey Gods will be at the show: Glen Brunswick, writer/creator of JERSEY GODS, will be set up and sharing a table with MADMAN/JERSEY GODS cover artist, Mike Allred at the Image booth. They’re giving away 500 FREE copies of JERSEY GODS issue 1 to the first 500 visitor and premiering the JERSEY GODS collection. They’ll also have prints and a t-shirt.
• MICHAEL AUSHENKER will be at the CARTOON FLOPHOUSE table K-13 in the Small Press pavilion to sign his new books: CARTOON FLOPHOUSE FEATURING GREENBLATT THE GREAT! and SILLY GOOSE. Cartoonist TED SEKO (“Billy Cole,” “Nine Loves of El Gato, Crime Mangler”) will join Michael at the Cartoon Flophouse table to sign his latest comics on Saturday, July 25 and Sunday, July 26.
• Tony Lee is hanging with the vampires:
Saturday, July 25
1:30-2:30pm Bram Stoker: Joss Whedon of his Day? Room 5AB
Panelists: Dacre Stoker & Ian Holt (Dracula: The Un-Dead); Jeanne Stein (The Anna Strong Vampire Chronicles); Chris Marie Green (The Path of Razors); Tony Lee (From The Pages Of Bram Stoker’s ‘Dracula’: Harker); J.F. Lewis (Staked) and Steve Niles (30 Days of Night). Moderator: Leslie Klinger (The New Annotated Dracula)
Followed by autographing in the Comic-Con Autograph Area