OMIGOD WHO COULD HAVE FORESEEN THIS?
In a lengthy news story at Disney owned ABC, the beans get spilled on Generations, Marvel’s big summer event, which will serve as a comeback gateway for the “original” Marvel heroes and the new legacy kids such as Riri Williams and Amadeus Cho.
While the old and new heroes will team up for the event, who’s to say that they may not first fight a few times befroe realizing they are on the same side? It could happen!
The event will consist of 10 issues that team the old heroes with the new, running from June to September. No artists were listed, but the writers are set for the 10-issue event:
- -Iron Man (Tony Stark and Riri Williams) – written by Brian Michael Bendis
- -Spider-Man (Peter Parker and Miles Morales) – Brian Michael Bendis
- -Ms. Marvel (Carol Danvers and Kamala Khan) – G. Willow Wilson
- -Thor (Odinson and Jane Foster) – Jason Aaron
- -Hawkeye (Clint Barton and Kate Bishop) – Kelly Thompson
- -Hulk (Bruce Banner and Amadeus Cho) – Greg Pak
- -Jean Grey (young and older) – Dennis Hopeless
- -Wolverine (Logan and X23) – Tom Taylor
- -Captain Marvel (Mar-Vell and Carol Danvers) – Margie Stohl
- -Captain America (Steve Rogers and Sam Wilson) – Nick Spencer
Marvel e-i-c Axel Alonso does the heavy lifting on revealing what’s in store for the Marvel U, and stressed that this is not an imaginary story but “These stories do happen, they really count. They really matter. This isn’t some alternate reality story or some time-travel story.”
Alonso also notes that a return for the old characters, several of whom are “dead” in current continuity – including Logan and Bruce Banner – was always inevitable. “There’s that old cliche, ‘absences makes the heart grow fonder. You don’t take these characters off the board with the intention to keep them off the board forever. One of the tropes of our medium is characters get a second wind. They die and come back. That’s part of the beauty of what we do.”
“[But] the answer might be different for each character,” he continued. “There’s potential for friction, there’s potential for team-ups. Minimally, it’s something that’s going to require food for thought and introspection on the part of every character. That’s part of the goal when we were sculpting it.”
Retailers have been begging Marvel to bring back the old heroes, so hopefully this will boost sales back to the level everyone has come to expect.
Also – that Logan/x23 comic…could be major following the movie success. Here’s where Marvel’s new ad campaign will be put to the test. This link contains a 30 minutes “ABC News” video where Alonso and writer Ed Brisson chat for 30 minutes about the new IRon Fist comic, so the synergy game is strong in this one.