Over on the Vertigo blog, we find an announcement that Vertigo’s titles are starting to be released simultaneously in both print and digital (“day and date” is an insipid phrase; let’s all stop using it).
· SWEET TOOTH starting with issue #26 available now
· SPACEMAN the new mini-series by Brian Azzarello and artist Eduardo Risso will launch with issue #1 on sale Oct. 26. This exciting new series featuring award-winning talent will be available for a special price of $.99 – a first for digital pricing that makes this series a “can’t miss” event.
· THE UNWRITTEN beginning with #31 on sale Nov. 9
· iZOMBIE beginning with issue #19 on sale Nov. 16
· THE UNWRITTEN .5 issues beginning with #31.5 on sale Nov. 23
· FABLES beginning with the special holiday issue #112 on sale Dec. 21
· AMERICAN VAMPIRE beginning with issue #22 on sale Dec. 28
· HELLBLAZER beginning with issue #287 on sale Jan. 18
They don’t put the new Paul Cornell/Ryan Kelly title “SAUCER COUNTRY” in that list, but since that doesn’t launch until February, it seems likely to launch that way.
Taking a look at the Vertigo catalog, here’s what _isn’t_ going to simultaneous release:
- DMZ (ending soon)
- Northlanders (ending soon)
- Scalped (ending soon)
Am I the only one seeing a pattern here?
Welcome to the new status quo.
Todd Allen wears a lot of hats. At various times he’s been (alphabetically), a bouncer, college professor, humor columnist, Internet producer and an NBA/WNBA Beat Writer, among other things. He’s the author of Economics of Digital Comics. You should probably read it.