We’ve already told you about all the Naruto/Masashi Mishimoto excitement at this year’s NYCC, but VIz has some other stuff planned, as well, including a NARUTO Ninja mission at Booth #1346 — pick up your stealth headband at the booth and go on a special mission around the show floor. Also exclusives:
Exclusive NARUTO items!
• Straight from Japan – a “36 Views of Mount Fuji”-inspired Ukiyo-e print, created using traditional techniques! Extremely limited quantity!
• NARUTO Volume 72, the final volume of the bestselling manga, in an NYCC-exclusive variant cover!
• Manga replicas from Japan in two designs, one featuring Naruto and his mother in an emotional moment, and the other featuring an epic battle between frenemies Naruto and Sasuke!
• and more!
Other cool exclusives & prestreet items!
• Score a copy of ONE-PUNCH MAN Volume 3, or the gripping TOKYO GHOUL Vol. 3!
• Get a cool SAILOR MOON R shirt, and show off your Moon Prism Power!
• Check out the buzz around YO-KAI WATCH, with prestreet Vol. 1!
• Get an annual subscription to the digital WEEKLY SHONEN JUMP anthology, and also immediately get a Limited Edition Collector’s NARUTO yearbook, exclusive NARUTO game mat, and “Beast-Eyes Pendulum Dragon” YU-GI-OH! card!
• and more!
Here’s the panel schedule:
VIZ Media Presents: An Evening with Masashi Kishimoto
Thursday, October 8th, 5:30PM – 6:30PM
Main Stage 1-D
The creator of the global phenomenon known as NARUTO makes his first appearance outside Japan! The legendary Kishimoto Sensei will discuss his career and creative process and answer questions about his work. Attendees will also have a chance to win some very special prizes. This panel of a lifetime is brought to you in partnership with the Japan Foundation.
VIZ Media Official Panel
Friday, October 9th, 12:15PM – 1:15PM
Hang out with the VIZ Media crew as they talk about your favorite titles, make exciting announcements and show off exclusive first looks!
VIZ Media Special Premiere Screening
Friday, October 9th, 6:45PM – 7:45PM
Join VIZ Media for a very special surprise from the world of anime that’s so fresh, we can’t even tell you what it is yet!
VIZ Media Presents: BORUTO: NARUTO THE MOVIE Premiere
Saturday, October 10th, 11:30AM – 2:00PM
Hammerstein Ballroom – 311 W. 43th St.
Masashi Kishimoto, creator of Naruto, makes his Executive Producer debut and will introduce the North American English-subtitled premiere of the most anticipated Naruto movie yet! Naruto Uzumaki protects the Hidden Leaf Village as the 7th Hokage, while Boruto, his troublesome son resents his father’s responsibilities that take his time away from him. Seeing this, Sasuke takes Boruto under his wing, while Sasuke’s only daughter, Sarada, dreams of being Hokage one day. This Panel of a lifetime is brought to you in partnership with the Japan Foundation.
Come early – the first 100 attendees in line for BORUTO: NARUTO THE MOVIE will get to attend a special Saturday signing session at10am with Masashi Kishimoto!
VIZ Media SAILOR MOON Official Panel
Sunday, October 11th, 2:30PM – 3:30PM
Everyone’s favorite Guardian of Love and Justice is back! The VIZ Media SAILOR MOON team brings you all the can’t-miss news on the legendary anime series, as well as the all-new SAILOR MOON CRYSTAL.
Heidi MacDonald is the founder and editor in chief of The Beat. In the past, she worked for Disney, DC Comics, Fox and Publishers Weekly. She can be heard regularly on the More To Come Podcast. She likes coffee, cats and noble struggle.