It seemed to start at this year’s ECCC, and before the year is out we’d expect it to be the new standard: streaming panels live from comic-cons for those who can’t go but want to follow along at home. This year at C2E2 in Chicago, Twitch will be streaming a bunch of panel (Including one that includes The Beat DREDD and beyond) Here’s the schedule:
The following panels will be livestreamed using Twitch at http://www.C2E2.com/livestream with an embeddable player at www.twitch.tv/C2E2 for sharing directly with your own audience. For panel descriptions, visit: www.C2E2.com/Whats-Happening/Panels-And-Screenings/.
Friday, April 26 (Central time)
· DC COMICS 101 | 1:30pm – 2:30pm
· Jason David Frank talks Power Rangers | 2:45pm – 3:45pm
· Making Comics the Avatar Way | 4:00pm – 5:00pm
· Felicia Day | 6:30pm – 7:30pm
· DREDD and beyond: the whole wide world of 2000 AD | 7:45 PM – 8:45 PM
Saturday, April 27 (Central time)
· Spotlight on Brian Wood | 12:15pm – 1:15pm
· Injustice: Gods Among Us | 1:30pm – 2:30pm
· DC Comics: Batman/Superman 101 | 2:45pm – 3:45pm
· VALIANT 2013: HARBINGER WARS AND BEYOND | 4:00pm – 5:00pm
· Dark Horse Spring Fever! | 5:15pm – 6:15pm
· Bruce Boxleitner’s LANTERN CITY | 6:30 PM – 7:30 PM
· Husbands: Television and Beyond | 7:45pm – 8:45pm
Sunday, April 27 (Central time)
· We Are BOOM! | 12:15pm – 1:15pm
· Archaia Entertainment Presents: Comics Storytelling and the Lost Art of 3D | 1:30pm – 2:30pm
· Game of Thrones Q&A with James Cosmo | 4:00pm – 5:00pm
In addition to the panels listed, the C2E2 Livestream will feature interviews with C2E2’s Entertainment Guests, product demonstrations, Show Floor highlights and various other C2E2 features throughout the weekend.
Heidi MacDonald is the founder and editor in chief of The Beat. In the past, she worked for Disney, DC Comics, Fox and Publishers Weekly. She can be heard regularly on the More To Come Podcast. She likes coffee, cats and noble struggle.