In two weeks you’ll have a whole new badge-o-ween to stress about — this time it’s New York Comic Con tickets that will be going on sale on Wednesday, May 13 at 12:00 PM EDT. Tickets for both the 4-day fest and New York Super Week, held October 5-11—the weeklong celebration of nerd-themed week events—will go on sale online at the New York Comic Con website, but there will be two more opportunities to pick up tickets: on-site at Special Edition: NYC 2015 on Pier 94 June 6-7 and an event at Midtown Comics later this summer the exclusive retailer for NYCC 2015. NYCC takes place this year October 8-11 at the Javits Center.
While NYCC ticket sales haven’t reached spinning wheel/waiting room heights of San Diego Comic-Con ticket sales, which amount to a soul-crushing lottery for thousands of pop culture nerds worldwide, last year’s NYCC sale induced a website meltdown, a 40 minute sell-out for four day badges, and long lines wherever tickets were sold.
Your best bet for getting badges was actually going to last year’s Special Edition and getting in line. We’d recommend that plan of attack for this year as well, as you’ll get to attend a pretty decent show along the way.
A few Super Week details also emerged today, including Midtown Comics and Barnes and Noble, the Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum, Rock Bar, Brooklyn Brewery, Discovery Times Square and Madame Tussauds New York. And events were revealed, some already sold out:
- Doctor Who Symphonic Spectacular, for the first time in the United States, at the Barclays Center
- The Thrilling Adventure Hour presents: CLINK! Beyond Belief Live at The Bell House (sold out)
- After Party with BBQ Films at Terminal 5 (secret revealed in May)
- Karaoke with the Broadway Stars at the Hard Rock Café
- Stuff You Missed in History Class’s first ever live podcast
- A Shipwreck Fan Fiction Competition
- Writing for TV and Film Workshop led by writers, producers and executives from some of today’s biggest genre dramas and sitcoms
A card allowing a discount for Super Week events is available as an add-on to a four-day NYCC ticket or as a $10 standalone purchase. More details at www.NewYorkComicCon.com and www.NewYorkSuperWeek.com.