Dynamite’s getting into the gaming industry. They’ve partnered with Lynnvaner Studios for the board game “ReAnimator” based on the original H.P. Lovecraft story and Dynamite’s ReAnimator comic from 2015. The game is currently being funded on Kickstarter, gaming being Kickstarter’s largest category by dollars and definitely a thing in that industry.
Official PR follows:
Dynamite Entertainment continues its expansion into the collectible game space thanks to their latest partnership with Lynnvaner Studios, which will see the two companies team up to create the exciting new board game, ReAnimator! Based on H. P. Lovecraft’s Herbert West: ReAnimator, the game will draw from both Lovecraft’s original story, as well as the comic book series published by Dynamite. Highlighting the incredible artwork from the Dynamite series, the new co-operative game is expected to retail for $39.99. The ReAnimator board game Kickstarter can be found by visiting:This spine-tingling new board game welcomes fans to the world of ReAnimator: a table top game of horror and mad science. You and your friends take on the role of assistants to the mad genius Herbert West. Travelling around the ill-begotten town of Arkham, Massachusetts, you will gather musty tomes, mysterious ingredients, and even cadavers of the recently deceased for your dark work. And what work would that be? To turn back death itself! Up to four players will work together, taking on the role of the narrator from Lovecraft’s original story, in order to perfect the protagonist’s experimental reanimation serum. Classic characters Herbert West, the Watch, and the Undead will traverse their way through Arkham gathering ingredients, tomes, and cadavers to use for their dark work. Sub-plots will develop based on gameplay, forcing players to respond to new adventures and challenges only the ReAnimator world can provide!The ReAnimator board game comes with:
- 8 Arkham buildings,
- 3 decks of subplot cards (totaling 150 cards),
- 4 reference cards,
- 1 workbench card,
- 1 Herbert West card,
- 1 used cadavers card,
- 4 dice, and;
- A horde of tokens!These great add-ons are also available for minimal additional cost:
- Red jade stone dice ($35)
- 3 short story novellas in the Herbert West universe ($15)
- Arkham playmat ($15)“The opportunity to delve into a product based upon Lovecraft’s mythos is a dream come true,” says Thomas Gofton, Influencer at Lynnvander. “We can’t wait to share this game for you and your friends, taking you into the world of pulp and horror.”“The opportunity to publish the ReAnimator comic book series, based on the writings of one of fiction’s greatest authors, was an honor on so many fronts, and we’ve created some fantastic comic stories for our fans, and teaming with Thomas and his team at Lynnvander is exciting. One needs to just check out the kickstarter video to see the game and how great the play is,” says Nick Barrucci, CEO and Publisher for Dynamite. “It’s thrilling to continue the expansion of Lovecraft’s universe in this exciting new game, and we know both ReAnimator and horror fans everywhere will be hooked from the moment they first roll the dice!”The ReAnimator Board Game Kickstarter is currently being developed by Lynnvander Studios, and has an expected shipping date of February 2018. With tiers designed to fit any collector’s budget, backers will have the potential to enjoy a number of great rewards, including:
- $5: ReAnimator #0 Digital Comic
- $10: ReAnimator #0 Digital Comic and ReAnimator Graphic Novel
- $40: ReAnimator #0 Digital Comic, ReAnimator Graphic Novel, and ReAnimator Board Game
- $100: The Complete ReAnimator package: ReAnimator #0 Digital Comic, ReAnimator Graphic Novel, ReAnimator Board Game, and all add-ons!The ReAnimator Board Game Kickstarter is available for a limited time only. Backers can get on board and gain access to all of the amazing rewards by visiting https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dynamiteent/hp-lovecrafts-reanimator-mystery-board-game today!
Todd Allen wears a lot of hats. At various times he’s been (alphabetically), a bouncer, college professor, humor columnist, Internet producer and an NBA/WNBA Beat Writer, among other things. He’s the author of Economics of Digital Comics. You should probably read it.