Sadly, this week centered around everyone’s least-favorite castaway. Let’s see if we can find some stuff to talk about anyway.
* Well, at least they gave something for Bernard to do. I had to remind someone watching with me that he was a dentist and not a fish out of water in the OR. And you know Jack would do the surgery on himself if he could.
* Jack medicates himself because: 1) He sees dead people, 2) He has trust/control issues with Kate, 3) He’s not sure if he would be a good dad, 4) I’m sure there is one.
* Poor Hurley. Doesn’t he know that theory has been consistently debunked by the show’s creators?
* Who else thought Jack’s visitor was going to be Mr. Abbadon and not Christian Shepherd?
* “You’re not even related to him.” So, I guess Jack knows all about the convoluted family tree, of which he and Aaron are both parts.
* All those negatives aside, Jack got one thing right: He hates A-Rod.
* Was it just me or was there a lot of cheesecake in this episode? Cleavage, Panty shots, you name it, Kate showed it this week.
* Sawyer really does seem to be more Han Solo-ish every week.
* The best part of the episode had to be Jin and Charlotte’s conversation in Korean. Not only funny, but we’re setting the seeds for Jin’s presumed sacrifice to get Sun off the island.
* I read last night a great point: “Christian Shephard” set off the SMOKE detector. heh.
* Craziest theory I read after the show went off the air: There is nothing wrong with Jack’s appendix. Juliet “poisoned” him and performed unnecessary surgery on him, perhaps to implant something in his side. This would imply, to me, that Bernard was in on it too, which I’m not buying. There’s also been discussion about whether or not had an appendix scar in the flash-forward.
Certainly not a great week (no Ben, Locke, Desmond or Sayid), but it’s better than no show at all. Thoughts?
Posted by Mark Coale