Yes, we know, it was a Desmond episode. But how to describe what happened to Desmond last night in a tease without giving anything away until after the spoilers (since people seem to be sensitive about those things)?
Instead, we’ll give the pre-jump props to Daniel Faraday, the physicist who is now a lot more important to the overall plot of the show than we all thought after his introduction a few episodes ago.
MASSIVE SPOILERS await. You were warned.
* Did you cry when Desmond called Penny? Apparently lots of people watching did. People across the net are playing up the Odysseus connection. I still have a feeling something will prevent the reunion of the time/space-crossed lovers.
* Penelope’s Father/Black Rock journal/The Hansos? There’s a lot of speculation to be garnered from this one scene. Was the boat race started so he could find the island? Did he want Desmond to find the island? How long have the Hanso Family known about the Island? What’s in the journal? Great theory I read last night: Richard Alpert and his buddies were some of the crew of the Black Rock, still living on the island.
*Eloise, we hardly knew ye. Anyone else expecting it to be a rabbit and not a mouse?
* If Desmond is Faraday’s anchor, will we see a flash-forward meeting of the two, since Faraday must be “unstuck in time” too? And Faraday with long hair was just silly.
* Did Ben’s spy on the boat sabotage the communications room? Was Ben’s spy the one who opened the door for Sayid, Desmond and Minkowski?
* So, is “the sickness” the result of people being “unstuck in time?” Is that what happened to Rousseau’s crew?
* Wasn’t it nice to have a breather from Jack/Kate/Sawyer/Ben/Locke-centered stories? Just for a week at least.
There’s plenty more to talk about, but let’s throw it open for comments/snarky responses.
Posted by Mark Coale