Just ahead of the holidays, Diamond has announced several promotions, a hire and some changes in how the distributor deals with retailers.
• Nicholas Sinisi has been hired as Sales Manager at Diamond Book Distributors, where he’ll be working with independent bookstores, Hastings, Bookazine and special sales. He will report to Emily Botica, Director of Sales & Marketing. Sinisi formerly worked as Publisher Services & Development Manager and Independent Store Sales Manager at Midpoint Trade Books.
• Eric Beck has been proomoted to the newly created position of Director of Retailer Point of Sale (POS) & Tech Services from his former position of Director of Retailer Services. Beck held that position since 2002 but joined diamond in 1993 as a Customer Service Representative. Beck’s title reflects his new responsibilities as he focuses more of his time and energy in the POS and Tech services area of the company.
• Nance Romer has been promoted to Director of Retailer Services. Romer joined Diamond in 1994, working at their Staten Island Distribution Center. (A little bit of comics history there.)
• Seven Gaines has been promoted to Assistant Manager of Retailer Services.
• Kevin Pratt has been promoted to Team Lead of Retailer Services.
• Zack Malpass has been promoted to Retailer Services – New Accounts Team Lead.
“Each of these individuals has made outstanding contributions to Retailer Services– and to Diamond as a whole,” said Powell. “Their advancement – along with the hard work of other Retailer Services team members Managers LaKisha Dubose and Cheryl Sleboda and Assistant Manager Kyle Kreamer – will help position the department to continue our efforts to deliver the high level of service our customers demand and deserve.”
Heidi MacDonald is the founder and editor in chief of The Beat. In the past, she worked for Disney, DC Comics, Fox and Publishers Weekly. She can be heard regularly on the More To Come Podcast. She likes coffee, cats and noble struggle.