- Jim Lee has two Wildstorm properties reserved for him: W.I.L.D.Cats and Divine Right. Everyone keeps waiting for W.I.L.D.Cats to relaunch, and it certainly seems like the groundwork was being laid, but it seems unlikely that will happen until his run on the new Superman title with Scott Snyder is over.
- Speaking of that new Superman title, it was confirmed as an ongoing, not a limited series… although Lee did not say how many issues he was expecting to do.
- DiDio claims they planned Tim Drake to be Red Robin from the get-go, but the error slipped through editorial, so they just went back and fixed it for the trade. He further claims fixing things for the trade is a regular event. Anyone have some more examples of this?
- Lee says when they go back and fix things, it’s automatically reflected in digital copies and Comixology automatically updates your copy. <Insert Star Wars joke here.>
- The current preference is to launch smaller characters from larger books. Hence Talon sprung from Batman / Court of Owls. Vibe was mentioned as a launching in JLA, though that might be hypothetical. While it wasn’t mentioned, one might infer something about the Justice League / Aquaman crossover here.
- The Superman / Wonder Woman “relationship” will be a plot point in Trinity War. (How long has that been hyped and the schedule still isn’t announced?)
The DC panels seem to have a lot more interesting Q&A than the Marvel panels, and for the most part, DC panelists are answering the questions.
Todd Allen wears a lot of hats. At various times he’s been (alphabetically), a bouncer, college professor, humor columnist, Internet producer and an NBA/WNBA Beat Writer, among other things. He’s the author of Economics of Digital Comics. You should probably read it.