– Avengers: Infinity War, which it’s been revealed will have a grueling nine month production schedule (it is two films after all), will also be shot completely in IMAX using IMAX and ARRI’s next gen 2D digital camera. This marks the first time a Hollywood feature film has ever been shot completely with IMAX cameras and utilizing its larger aspect ratio.
Here’s a statement from the Russo Bros on this announcement:
The intent with the Infinity War films is to bring ten years of accumulative storytelling to an incredible climax. We felt that the best way to exploit the scale and scope required to close out the final chapter of these three phases, was to be the first films shot entirely on the IMAX/ARRI Digital camera.
Some select action scenes of Captain America: Civil War will also utilize the IMAX camera and format.
– This week, the broadcast networks are finalizing their pick-up decisions and what will make it onto the Fall and Spring schedule. Supergirl, for example, was picked up for a full series order yesterday by CBS, while iZombie was also renewed by The CW. The Flash and Arrow have also already been renewed for their second and fourth seasons respectively.
Now, all eyes are on ABC and NBC, as the former will be making its decisions regarding Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (which will surely be renewed) and Agent Carter (where things are far more uncertain), while the latter holds the final fate of Constantine in its hands.
My prediction? Agent Carter gets renewed for another short season, while Constantine finally sees its long-expected axe.
But even Powers got renewed, so I guess anything could still happen.
– 20th Century Fox has revealed the cover art for the upcoming X-Men: Days of Future Past “Rogue Cut”, which will include 17 minutes of additional footage, including all of Anna Paquin‘s sequences that were cut from the theatrical release:
– We’re only a week away from Mad Max: Fury Road hitting theaters across the country. While critics are still embargoed at this point, there’s a lot to be excited about, which I elaborated on a few weeks previous. Here’s a new featurette for the film:
– Here’s the new poster for Ant-Man, which is sadly pretty underwhelming, though that’s kind of par for the course with most blockbuster movie posters these days. Floating heads, so many floating heads!
– And in fun stuff, it looks like Captain America vs. Crossbones has started early:
Don’t underestimate the benefit of awe. Take time to be amazed by things. By anything. By everything.
— Chris Evans (@ChrisEvans) May 7, 2015
@ChrisEvans I can read the hospital report for you after wake up from that that little snooze your gonna take hero boy.
— frank grillo (@FrankGrillo) May 7, 2015
I’m really looking forward to Civil War.