I was tempted to not write anything today, for fear that no one would actually believe it given the date on the calendar, but a few things of note did cross our attention on a slower than usual Wednesday:
– In Age of Ultron‘s worst kept secret, Andy Serkis has indeed confirmed that he will be playing long-time Black Panther nemesis Ulysses Klaw in the blockbuster sequel opening in 30 days…but don’t take it from me, you can hear the man himself say it at around the 4 minute mark in this video:
– In slightly more left of center news regarding that same film, Devin at Badass Digest has uncovered that Julie Delpy (Before Midnight) and Linda Cardellini (Freaks and Geeks, Mad Men) are on tap for roles in Marvel’s biggest film of the year. They discovered this via a tip-sheet from Marvel announcing the World Premiere on April 13th:
Given that they’re on the back end of the cast list, it’s pretty unlikely that either is playing anything major, but you never know. As a huge fan of both actresses, I would not turn down either doing anything of significance in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. But, I won’t get my hopes up for Cardellini as Carol Danvers either.
– For those folks that are excited about the sequel to the Michael Bay produced Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, you’ll be excited to note that they’ve found their Casey Jones in Arrow‘s Stephen Amell. He marks only the second live action appearance for the character (originally played by Elias Koteas), though interestingly, TMNT‘s animated version was voiced by Chris Evans.
– In a super-fun JoBlo video, Ryan Reynolds has confirmed that Deadpool will be rated “R”, you gotta check this out:
– And one more quick video, Charlie Cox, who you’ll see prancing around rooftops in a week and a half on Netflix as Daredevil, stopped by The Late Show with David Letterman to talk about the new Netflix series (that’s getting early rave reviews by the way) and food poisoning:
Entertainment Editor for The Beat covering film, television and the occasional comic book. His work can also be found at GeekRex.com and can be heard on the GeekRex podcast. Also, your go-to Grant Morrison/Love & Rockets/Hellboy/Legion of Super-Heroes expert.