This year’s Diamond Retailer Summit just wrapped up in Vegas and although we couldn’t be there, retailers have been socialing pictures and what not and I’ll have a round up on the news in a bit. Diamond also released some figures on Free Comic Book Day and it was a rousing success again:
• 4.65 million comic books ordered (3% increase)
• Over 2,100 participating store locations
• Over $3.2 Million in free publicity (45% increase)
• Over 380,000 fans on the FCBD Facebook page
• It was a nationally trending twitter topic Sat. from 8:30am-3pm
• Over 100K+ tweets (up 51% over 2013)
• 30K+ followers for FCBD (up 123%)
• 87% of retailers rated the event as Extremely Successful; 40% responded they had 500 or more customers.
I’ll have more statistics from the Summit shortly.