This year’s Diamond Retailer Summit just wrapped up in Vegas and although we couldn’t be there, retailers have been socialing pictures and what not and I’ll have a round up on the news in a bit. Diamond also released some figures on Free Comic Book Day and it was a rousing success again:
• 4.65 million comic books ordered (3% increase)
• Over 2,100 participating store locations
• Over $3.2 Million in free publicity (45% increase)
• Over 380,000 fans on the FCBD Facebook page
• It was a nationally trending twitter topic Sat. from 8:30am-3pm
• Over 100K+ tweets (up 51% over 2013)
• 30K+ followers for FCBD (up 123%)
• 87% of retailers rated the event as Extremely Successful; 40% responded they had 500 or more customers.
I’ll have more statistics from the Summit shortly.
Heidi MacDonald is the founder and editor in chief of The Beat. In the past, she worked for Disney, DC Comics, Fox and Publishers Weekly. She can be heard regularly on the More To Come Podcast. She likes coffee, cats and noble struggle.