Heroes4Heroes is launching a non-profit to supply our troops with comics and other entertainment. The effort kicked off at Wizard World Texas.
H4H takes donations of media material that they will directly pass on to active military personnel and raises funds to purchase, transport and distribute the donations.
– A direct-to-Iraq shipment needs to be filled! The 2nd Battalion 8th Cavalry has 42 soldiers that H4H is currently building care packets for. The members of this Regiment have specifically requested magazines that cover hunting, fishing, guns and men’s topics (Maxim Magazine was mentioned by name). H4H wants to fill specific requests, as well give additional entertainment material that will surprise our men and women in uniform, so please give what you can.
– H4H is in the final stages of putting together a program to provide Xbox 360s for USO stations! An anonymous supporter of our troops has made it possible for H4H to implement a program that helps the USO do their great work. While the contribution is a wonderful gift for our returning troops that are staying here at home, H4H is requesting Xbox 360 accessories (extra controllers, headsets, adaptors, etc.) and games to properly outfit this charity package. The USO station in Dallas, TX will be the first to receive the Xbox 360 charity pack and we will roll the program out nationally through out next year.
– Comic book artists are helping in a big way! Tone Rodriguez, Rick Hoberg and Steve Bennett have all donated outstanding original art that will be up for auction at the H4H site soon. Here’s a huge “Thank you” to them as well as Brock Rizy, Kristian Donaldson, Benjamin Hall, Tom Kurzanski, Cal Slayton, Kody Chamberlain, Cheeks and Marc Wolfe who all donated their time and art at the live art show benefit in November. The art show was a complete success, reached every goal and was supported by Agg Productions with supplies donated by Zeus Comics. H4H encourages any artists that believe in the H4H effort to give any available original art for auction.
– H4H is in contact with the USO, Chaplains and Fort Hood MWR! The civilian media distribution charity has a working relationship with the United Service Organization, is getting started with the US Army Chaplain Center and is ironing out the details with Fort Hood Morale, Welfare & Recreation. Heroes4Heroes has made it a primary goal to provide reading material for soldiers on their way to assignment overseas and those in medical centers. There will be more information on the H4H website as news develops.
– The future is bright! Heroes4Heroes is working with major media outlets, publishers, studios, producers, distributors and creators to raise awareness of supporting our troops with entertainment media donations. If you or a contact of yours can help with the cause, please contact the charity directly.
– Your donations matter! $5 can make a big difference and will help with bulk orders of material, transportation and legal fees. If you are like most pop culture fans and the H4H staffers, and only have a massive media collection to your name, this charity is perfect for you â Heroes4Heroes will gladly accept your media donations.
Thank you for considering Heroes4Heroes this year as a tax-deductible charity recipient. It is important that we remember who our real heroes are during time of gift-giving and celebration. Whether or not you give at this time, please take a moment with your family to think about the commitment our servicemen & women are making on our behalf.
To Donate to Heroes4Heroes please send donations, both media material and financial to:
9905 Boston Harbor Drive
Aubrey, TX 76227
Or visit http://www.heroes4heroes.org/donate to give via PayPal or major credit card