Just in time for Halloween, Alex Ross Fine Art has announced a series of paintings based on the Classic Universal Monsters: Frankenstein, Cracule, the Wolfman, the Invisible Man, and so on.
The paintings – which have both b&w and tinted versions — will debut at San Diego Comic-Con 2017 — it’s never too early to start planning!
The Classic Universal Monsters set will include:
- (Boris Karloff) Frankenstein -1931
- (Bela Lugosi) Dracula-1931
- (Elsa Lanchester) Bride of Frankenstein-1935
- Creature from the Black Lagoon-1954
- (Boris Karloff) The Mummy-1932
- (Lon Chaney Jr) The Wolf Man-1941
- (Claude Rains) The Invisible Man-1933
- Monster Mash (as soon above)
And a few more for good measure.
Even by Ross’s standards, these are pretty excellent.
Heidi MacDonald is the founder and editor in chief of The Beat. In the past, she worked for Disney, DC Comics, Fox and Publishers Weekly. She can be heard regularly on the More To Come Podcast. She likes coffee, cats and noble struggle.